A great reason to spend a few minutes to visit gon.com and create a user name and password for the GON website is access to the GON Classifieds. Page after page of items are for sale, and many are offered by GON subscribers.
When shopping for bargains at the GON Classifieds, you can sort your search by 27 unique item categories. Or, you can get a jump on other potential buyers by looking through the most-recent ads that were posted.
Popular categories of late have been Guns, Animals & Supplies, ATVs & Motorcycles and Boats & Watercraft. Other categories with lots of traffic include Hunting Clubs, Fishing Gear and Farm & Garden.
GON subscribers have a huge advantage of being able to see all online classified ads a full hour before the general public can see them.
Tips For New Classifieds Users
• Deal locally and face-to-face.
• Beware of offers involving shipping.
• Never wire funds via any service.
• Do not accept cashier/certified checks or money orders. Banks cash fakes, and then hold you liable.
• Never give out financial information: bank account, social security number, Paypal account, etc.
• Transactions are between users only. No third-party guarantee.
• Ask for a phone number, and talk to the seller before purchasing any item.
• Do not purchase items sight-unseen.
Using GON Classifieds
1. Go to www.gon.com, and look at the top right corner of the home page.
2. If don’t already have a web account at www.gon.com, click on the red link Create an Account and follow the steps. Note: If you already have a user name and password for the GON Forum/Woody’s, you still must create an account at www.gon.com. For ease of future use, create the account with the exact same user name and password that you use on the Forum.
3. You now have instant access to buy, sell and trade! Need a new gun? Selling the old 4-wheeler? Comparing pedigrees for a new Lab pup? Looking for a hunting lease or need a member for your club? You now have access to a powerful tool.