Make sure you have a GON subscription, please thank our sponsors, and get in the game this deer season. Just because we’ve been doing it for 29 years, you can’t take Truck-Buck for granted!
There are 102 prizes that will be given away in this year’s Truck-Buck contest, and that’s not counting our GON Youth Big-Buck Contest.
Entering GON’s contests is simple. When you kill a buck, take some photos, go to www.gon.com to fill out an online entry form and upload your pictures. Make sure you are a GON subscriber before you kill the buck. If you are 23 and living with your parents, you need to buy your own subscription. Only dependent kids (claimed as a dependent on parents’ taxes) can enter on a subscription. Grandparents, please buy a gift subscription for the grandkids!
Kids 15 and younger will automatically be entered into both the main Truck-Buck Contest and into the Youth Big-Buck Contest.
The Truck-Buck contest is divided into scoring periods that coincide with the weeks of deer season. Each week, the best buck entered from the Northern Zone and the best buck from the Southern Zone win prizes and earn a spot in the Shoot-Out. You don’t have to kill the biggest buck in the state, just the highest-scoring buck during a week of the deer season in your hunting zone.
Hunters can also make the Shoot-Out through four wildcard divisions: Youth, Ladies, Public Land and Runner-Up. Two hunters from each category will qualify—the largest for both the Northern and Southern zones.
Here are the prizes for the 2017-18 Truck-Buck contest:
• A new 4×4 Chevy Silverado pickup truck from John Megel Chevrolet.
• A new Beast hunting buggy loaded with accessories including lift kit, camo body, front basket, brushguard, headlight and taillight, rear seat kit and custom front seats.
• 11 Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker rifles, retail for $1,139.99.
• 5 Mathews Halon 32 compound bows, suggested retail $1,099.
• 42 personalized GON Shoot-Out jerseys from Realtree.
• 17 HSS Ultra-Lite Flex 320 harnesses from Hunter Safety System.
• 17 prize packages of scent products from Tinks.
• A .50 caliber CVA Accura MR SS Nitrade Muzzleloader with scope and case.
• 8 Havalon knives or multi-tools. Our eight wild-cards winners not only get a chance to shoot for the truck and Beast, they receive a great product from Havalon.
There are no check stations for Truck-Buck. Simply kill a buck, take good photos, and enter at www.gon.com. If there’s a youth deer hunter 15 years old or younger in your house, make sure you or they have a GON subscription.
GON also runs the Youth Big-Buck Contest, with weekly winners every week of deer season and their own youth-only Shoot-Out. The weekly prizes in the youth contest are Strike Force HD 850 trail cameras from Browning Trail Cameras. The highest-scoring Youth entry each of the 17 weeks of deer season earns a Browning Trail Camera, plus those youth entries are also automatically entered in the main Truck-Buck contest. For kids, there is one GON entry process and two awesome big-buck contests.
Get your GON subscription today before heading to the deer woods. Call (800) 438-4663, or subscribe online at www.gon.com.