GON just gave away another 4×4 Chevy pickup truck to a deer hunter. It’s become a Georgia hunting tradition—the Truck-Buck contest with weekly winners all through deer season and a grand-prize Shoot-Out the next summer… and somebody driving home from the Shoot-Out in a new truck. Or, as was the case last year, riding home in a new truck with dad driving—because the winner was only 12 years old!
This is your invitation to be a part of a Georgia tradition during deer season.
Entering the Truck-Buck contest is simple. When you kill a buck, take some photos and go to www.gon.com to fill out an online entry form and upload your pictures. It’s really easy. Just make sure you are a GON subscriber before you kill the buck. Don’t let it expire, and if you’re 23 and living at home, you’ll need to buy your own subscription. Only dependent kids (actually claimed as a dependent on their taxes) can enter on mom or dad’s subscription.
Our contest is divided into scoring periods that coincide with the weeks of deer season. Each week, the best buck entered from the Northern Zone and the best buck from the Southern Zone win great prizes and earn a spot in the Shoot-Out. You don’t have to kill the biggest buck in the state, just the highest-scoring buck during a week of the deer season in your hunting zone.
Hunters can also make the Shoot-Out through four wildcard divisions: Youth, Ladies, Public Land and Runner-Up. Two hunters from each category will qualify—the largest for both the Northern and Southern zones.
Here’s the confirmed prizes so far:
• A new 4×4 Chevy Silverado pickup truck from John Megel Chevrolet.
• 12 Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker deer rifles.
• 4 Mathews bows.
• 42 one-of-a-kind personalized GON “Show Shirts” from Realtree.
• 17 HSS Ultralite X-Treme harnesses from Hunter Safety System.
• 17 prize packages of scent products from Tinks.
• A .50 Caliber CVA Accura MR Muzzleloader with scope and case.
Remember, there are no check stations. Simply kill a buck, take good photos, and then enter online at www.gon.com. You can also use the entry form on the next page.
Regular Georgia deer hunters will win big this season. Last season, we had a scoring period with no winner—a spike would have won.
Come join us, and be a part of the Truck-Buck Shoot-Out this deer season.
$1,000 HSS Bonus
Make it a point to put on your Hunter Safety System (HSS) harness when you take your Truck-Buck entry photos. If you win a week or a wildcard spot in the Shoot-Out, and then go on to win the Truck-Buck Shoot-Out, HSS will add a $1,000 bonus to go along with your brand-new pickup truck.
“Top Reasons I Can’t Enter Truck-Buck”
1. Out of college and still live at home, and dad gets GON. You must be a dependent, meaning dad claims you for an IRS deduction, to enter on dad’s subscription. If you’re 23, get a subscription in your name.
2. Didn’t get pictures. If you want to enter a buck, you have to take some pictures before the buck is caped out. Years later, you’ll be glad you took the time to take lots of good pictures.
3. Missed the deadline. We have to receive your entry by seven business days of when the buck was killed. With online entry through www.gon.com, it’s easy and quick.
4. What subscription? Don’t let your GON membership expire. If you’re not a subscriber before you kill the buck, you can’t enter.
Kids-Only Buck Contest
$3,000 shopping spree and a dream hunt awarded in the Youth Big-Buck Contest.
Once again, youth deer hunters in Georgia will have their very own weekly big-buck contest and Shoot-Out. The Youth Big-Buck Contest is back for kids 15 and younger.
The highest-scoring buck entered each week will earn the youth a Realtree shirt and a spot in the Youth Shoot-Out for a chance to win the $3,000 gift card from Adventure Outdoors and a dream hunting trip with Woods-N-Water.
For more information, see page 80, or call (800) 438-4663.