GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest is back this deer season. Another youngster who deer hunts in Georgia will win a grand prize $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. Plus, that grand-prize winner will get to spend a weekend deer and hog hunting, fishing and spending time with the great folks at Woods-N-Water outfitters next hunting season.
The Youth Big-Buck Contest is handled through the Truck-Buck contest. There is no separate entry process. All kids 15 and younger who enter bucks through Truck-Buck automatically are also entered into the Youth Big-Buck Contest. Kids get entered into two separate contests.
The youth or a parent must have a GON subscription 24 hours before the buck is killed, which is great for GON families—kids don’t compete against non-subscribers. The entry process is simple. Go to www.gon.com, fill out an online entry and upload three pictures.
Another great bonus of our Youth Big-Buck Contest is that kids entered in the contest have a much greater chance of their picture being published in GON magazine.
How Kids Can Win Big In GON’s Youth Big-Buck Contest
1. A GON subscription must be coming to the kid’s house—not a grandparent’s house. Get the subscription at www.gon.com or call (800) 438-4663 at least 24 hours before a buck is killed to be eligible.
2. Shoot a Georgia antlered buck this season.
3. Enter the buck at www.gon.com or by using the application that appears on page 68 of the August 2018 issue of GON.
4. Get the rack scored at one of GON’s post-season scoring events next spring.
5. If a youth wins one of the 17 weekly youth spots, they’ve earned a spot in the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out at the Outdoor Blast next July.
6. At the Youth Big-Buck Contest Shoot-Out, the best shot with a pellet gun will win a $3,000 shopping spree at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna and a deer and hog hunting trip at Woods-N-Water with hosts Blaine and Dale Burley.