The Georgia Barbecue Association (GBA) is returning to GON’s Outdoor Blast hunting show with its BBQ Blast, a sanctioned GBA cook-off.
Here’s an overview.
• The competition will be held in the Macon Centreplex parking lot July 23-24.
• Entry fee is $210 per team; $30 of that entry fee goes to a special sauce category.
• Teams cook in three categories: ribs, pulled pork and pork loin.
• Before competing, all team captains must be members of the GBA. Cost is $35 a year.
• We’re awarding nearly $4,000 in cash and trophies, so make plans to cook now. In addition to the competition, you’ll be a part of the fourth-annual Outdoor Blast.
For more information on the cook-off, contact Jeff Schramm, president of GBA, at (229) 317-1700.
The GBA website, where rules are posted, is <www.bbqga.com>.
GON is handling sign-up for the BBQ Blast. Fill out the coupon below, and mail it, with the $210 entry fee, to GON.